Around Marcus ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Trail (BC). It is located about 33 miles [53 km] to the northeast of Marcus. Trail (BC) has a population of 7,200 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Colville.
It is located about 11 miles [ km] to the southeast of Marcus and has a population of 4,800 people.
For comparison, Marcus has a population of 170 people.
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Marcus.<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cascade
- Cascade lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the north of Marcus
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cascade
- Addy [Stevens County]
- Barstow [Ferry County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Barstow
- Barstow [Ferry County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Marcus
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barstow
- Colville [Stevens County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Colville
- Colville [Stevens County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Marcus
- Population from the 2020 Census: 4,828 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Colville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Colville<3>
- Daisy [Stevens County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Daisy
- Daisy [Stevens County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the south of Marcus
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Daisy
- Evans [Stevens County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Gifford [Stevens County]
- Kettle Falls [Stevens County]
- Laurier [Ferry County]
- Marble [Stevens County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marble
- Marble [Stevens County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Marcus
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marble
- Northport [Stevens County]
- Orient [Ferry County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Orient
- Orient [Ferry County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Marcus
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Orient
- Pinkney City [Stevens County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pinkney City
- Pinkney City [Stevens County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the southeast of Marcus
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pinkney City have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pinkney City
- Rice [Stevens County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rice
- Rice [Stevens County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the south of Marcus
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rice
- Spirit [Stevens County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spirit
- Spirit [Stevens County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Marcus
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spirit
For more communities neighboring Marcus, please visit our County-by-County Page for Marcus.
Stevens County ...
Marcus is located in Stevens County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Stevens County: Ferry, Lincoln, Pend Oreille & Spokane. The Canadian Province of British Columbia lies to the north.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Marcus ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Marcus.
Airports Near Marcus ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Marcus and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Marcus.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Washington:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Washington
About Stevens County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Marcus. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Stevens County: www.co.stevens.wa.us/
The official website for State of Washington: https://access.wa.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Marcus.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Marcus) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Marcus. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MarcusOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Marcus. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.6642, Longitude: -118.0657 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Washington's counties, including Stevens, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Marcus), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|