Census Data for Carlton ...
As far as we can tell, Carlton has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Carlton, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Twisp [Okanogan County]
- Pateros [Okanogan County]
- Winthrop [Okanogan County]
- Brewster [Okanogan County]
- Okanogan [Okanogan County]
- Bridgeport [Douglas County]
- Conconully [Okanogan County]
- Chelan [Chelan County]
- Continue List (46 more) ...
- Omak [Okanogan County]
- Riverside [Okanogan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Riverside
- Riverside [Okanogan County] lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<1> to the northeast of Carlton
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Riverside
- Mansfield [Douglas County]
- Entiat [Chelan County]
Okanogan County ...
Carlton is located in Okanogan County<3>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Okanogan County.
Miscellaneous Information for Carlton ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Okanogan County or the community of Carlton:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Carlton:
- GNIS ID for Carlton: 1517403
- GNIS ID for Okanogan County: 1531928
- GNIS ID for State of Washington: 1779804
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Carlton is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #9 (the Pacific Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Carlton, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Carlton. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Carlton:98814<4>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Carlton.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Washington
About Okanogan County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Carlton. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Okanogan County: www.okanogancounty.org/
The official website for State of Washington: https://access.wa.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Carlton) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Carlton. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CarltonOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Carlton. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.2482, Longitude: -120.1165 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If you're interested in how the shape of Washington's counties, including Okanogan, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<4>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Carlton or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|