Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Essex.
Our newspaper information for Essex is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Essex. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Essex. Our list contains 97 papers that were published within 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> of Essex.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Essex.
Newspapers Neighboring Essex ...
The following newspapers were published within 20 miles [32.2 km] of Essex.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Essex.
- Published In Essex Junction ...
- Burlington Suburban List (from 1938)
- Charlotte Chronicle (from 1876)
- Chittenden (from 1969)
- Essex Record (from 1893)
- Grand Isle Star (from 1875)
- Hinesburgh Recorder (from 1893)
- Richmond Gazette (from 1876)
- Shelburne Review (from 1876)
- The Chittenden Observer (from 1980)
- The County Weekly (from 1977)
- The Essex Eagle (from 1894)
- The Essex Herald (from 1889)
- The Essex Reporter (from 1981)
- The Fairfax Eagle (from 1876)
- The Suburban List (from 1944)
- Underhill Enterprise (from 1876)
- Vermont Farm Bureau News (from 1936)
- Published In Winooski ...
- Lake Champlain Waterways Newsmagazine (from 1982)
- The Ethan Allen Altimeter (from 1958)
- The Twin-City Advertiser (from 19??)
- The Winooski Eagle (from 1982)
- Published In South Burlington ...
- The Other Paper (from 1977)
- Published In Burlington ...
- We know of 84 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Burlington. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Burlington
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> of Essex. This extended list includes all the papers from Burlington. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Essex
- Published In Essex [Essex County] ...
- Essex County Republican (from 1826)
- Essex Republican (from 1832)
- Essex Republican (from 1823)
- Published In Keeseville [Essex County] ...
- AuSable River Gazette (from 1849)
- Essex County Republican (from 1839)
- Keeseville Argus (from 1832)
- Keeseville Democrat (from 18??)
- Northern Gazette (from 1851)
- The Essex County Freeman (from 1891)
- The Johnsonian (from 1840)
- The Keeseville Intelligencer (from 1834)
- The Northern Standard (from 1854)
- The True Democrat (from 1848)
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Essex. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Vermont: https://www.vermont.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Essex) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Essex. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from EssexOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Essex. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.5139, Longitude: -73.0615 In this case, the coordinates for Essex have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|