When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Suncrest Heights.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Suncrest Heights. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Suncrest Heights.
Large Airports ...
- Piedmont Triad Intl. (GSO/KGSO)
- Raleigh - Durham Intl. (RDU/KRDU)
- Richmond Intl. (RIC/KRIC)
- Charlotte - Douglas Intl. (CLT/KCLT)
- Fayetteville Rgnl. (FAY/KFAY)
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Roanoke Rgnl. - Woodrum Fld. (ROA/KROA)
- Lynchburg Rgnl. (LYH/KLYH)
- Greenbrier Valley Airport (LWB/KLWB)
- Smith Reynolds Airport (INT/KINT)
- Raleigh County Meml. (BKW/KBKW)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Smith Mountain Lake Airport (FAA ID: W91)
- Smith Mountain Lake Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Suncrest Heights.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Smith Mountain Lake Airport
- New Castle Intl. (FAA ID: VA85)
- New Castle International Airport lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Suncrest Heights.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Castle International Airport
- Virginia Tech. Exec. (BCB/KBCB)
- Blue Ridge Airport (ICAO: KMTV)
- New River Valley Airport (ICAO: KPSK)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Virginia
About Roanoke County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Suncrest Heights. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Roanoke County: www.roanokecountyva.gov/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Suncrest Heights), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Suncrest Heights) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Suncrest Heights. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.1974, Longitude: -79.9406 In this case, the coordinates for Suncrest Heights have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).