When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Sunbright.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Sunbright. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Sunbright.
Large Airports ...
- McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS/KTYS)
- Charlotte - Douglas Intl. (CLT/KCLT)
- Piedmont Triad Intl. (GSO/KGSO)
- Northern Kentucky Intl. (CVG/KCVG)
- Louisville Intl. (SDF/KSDF)
- Nashville Intl. (BNA/KBNA)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Tri-Cities Rgnl. (TRI/KTRI)
- Greeneville Muni. (GCY/KGCY)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Hawkins Co. Airport (FAA ID: RVN)
- Hawkins County Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Sunbright.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hawkins County Airport
- Lonesome Pine Airport (ICAO: KLNP)
- Lee Co. Airport (FAA ID: 0VG)
- Lee County Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the west of Sunbright.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lee County Airport
- Whitesburg Muni.
- Whitesburg Municipal Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the north of Sunbright.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whitesburg Municipal Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Tucker - Guthrie Meml. (FAA ID: I35)
- Tucker - Guthrie Memorial Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Sunbright.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tucker - Guthrie Memorial Airport
- Elizabethton Muni. (ICAO: K0A9)
- Virginia Highlands Airport (ICAO: KVJI)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Virginia
About Scott County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Sunbright. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Scott County: www.scottcountyva.com/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Sunbright), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Sunbright) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Sunbright. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 36.7301, Longitude: -82.7613 In this case, the coordinates for Sunbright have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).