When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Sunbeam.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Sunbeam. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Sunbeam.
Large Airports ...
- Newport News Intl. (PHF/KPHF)
- Norfolk Intl. (ORF/KORF)
- Richmond Intl. (RIC/KRIC)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Pitt - Greenville Airport (PGV/KPGV)
- Rocky Mount - Wilson Rgnl. (RWI/KRWI)
- Kinston Rgnl. Jetport (ISO/KISO)
- Craven County Rgnl. (EWN/KEWN)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Franklin Muni. (FKN/KFKN)
- Tri-Co. Airport (ICAO: KASJ)
- Suffolk Exec. (ICAO: KSFQ)
- Emporia - Greensville Rgnl. (ICAO: KEMV)
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Wakefield Muni. (ICAO: KAKQ)
- Hampton Roads Exec. (ICAO: KPVG)
- Halifax - Northampton Rgnl. (FAA ID: IXA)
- Halifax - Northampton Regional Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Sunbeam.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Halifax - Northampton Regional Airport
- Halifax Co. Airport (ICAO: KRZZ)
- Chesapeake Rgnl. (ICAO: KCPK)
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Virginia
About Southampton County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Sunbeam. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Southampton County: www.southamptoncounty.org/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Sunbeam), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Sunbeam) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Sunbeam. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Sunbeam
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Sunbeam. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 36.5878, Longitude: -77.0280