When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Sugar Hill.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Sugar Hill. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Sugar Hill.
Large Airports ...
- Raleigh - Durham Intl. (RDU/KRDU)
- Piedmont Triad Intl. (GSO/KGSO)
- Richmond Intl. (RIC/KRIC)
- Newport News Intl. (PHF/KPHF)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Lynchburg Rgnl. (LYH/KLYH)
- Roanoke Rgnl. - Woodrum Fld. (ROA/KROA)
- Charlottesville Airport (CHO/KCHO)
- Shenandoah Valley Rgnl. (SHD/KSHD)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Smith Reynolds Airport (INT/KINT)
- Greenbrier Valley Airport (LWB/KLWB)
- Rocky Mount - Wilson Rgnl. (RWI/KRWI)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Brookneal Airport (FAA ID: 0V4)
- Brookneal - Campbell County Airport lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Sugar Hill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brookneal - Campbell County Airport
- Falwell Airport (FAA ID: W24)
- Falwell Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Sugar Hill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Falwell Airport
- William M. Tuck Airport (FAA ID: W78)
- William M. Tuck Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the south of Sugar Hill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on William M. Tuck Airport
- Chase City Muni. (FAA ID: CXE)
- Chase City Municipal Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Sugar Hill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chase City Municipal Airport
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Farmville Muni.
- Farmville Municipal Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Sugar Hill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Farmville Municipal Airport
- Farmville Rgnl. (ICAO: KFVX)
- Smith Mountain Lake Airport (FAA ID: W91)
- Smith Mountain Lake Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the west of Sugar Hill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Smith Mountain Lake Airport
- Marks Muni. (ICAO: KW63)
- Danville Rgnl. (DAN/KDAN)
- Lunenburg Co. Airport (FAA ID: W31)
- Lunenburg County Airport lies 41 miles [66 km]<2> miles to the east of Sugar Hill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lunenburg County Airport
- Lotus Intl. (FAA ID: 8VA4)
- Lotus International Airport lies 42 miles [67.6 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Sugar Hill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lotus International Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Virginia
About Campbell County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Sugar Hill. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Campbell County: www.co.campbell.va.us/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Sugar Hill), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Sugar Hill) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Sugar Hill. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.0751, Longitude: -78.9167 In this case, the coordinates for Sugar Hill have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).