When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Stuarts Draft.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Stuarts Draft. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Stuarts Draft.
Large Airports ...
- Richmond Intl. (RIC/KRIC)
- Washington Dulles Intl.
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Piedmont Triad Intl. (GSO/KGSO)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Raleigh - Durham Intl. (RDU/KRDU)
- Baltimore - Washington Intl. (BWI/KBWI)
- Newport News Intl. (PHF/KPHF)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Shenandoah Valley Rgnl. (SHD/KSHD)
- Charlottesville Airport (CHO/KCHO)
- Lynchburg Rgnl. (LYH/KLYH)
- Roanoke Rgnl. - Woodrum Fld. (ROA/KROA)
- Greenbrier Valley Airport (LWB/KLWB)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Eagles Nest Airport (FAA ID: W13)
- Eagles Nest Airport lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Stuarts Draft.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eagles Nest Airport
- Bridgewater Air Park (FAA ID: VBW)
- Bridgewater Air Park lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the north of Stuarts Draft.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bridgewater Air Park
- Lotus Intl. (FAA ID: 8VA4)
- Lotus International Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Stuarts Draft.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lotus International Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Virginia
About Augusta County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Stuarts Draft. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Augusta County: www.co.augusta.va.us/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Stuarts Draft), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Stuarts Draft) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Stuarts Draft. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Stuarts Draft
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Stuarts Draft. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.0347, Longitude: -79.0348