When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Stuart.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Stuart. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Stuart.
Large Airports ...
- Piedmont Triad Intl. (GSO/KGSO)
- Raleigh - Durham Intl. (RDU/KRDU)
- Charlotte - Douglas Intl. (CLT/KCLT)
- Fayetteville Rgnl. (FAY/KFAY)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Smith Reynolds Airport (INT/KINT)
- Roanoke Rgnl. - Woodrum Fld. (ROA/KROA)
- Lynchburg Rgnl. (LYH/KLYH)
- Greenbrier Valley Airport (LWB/KLWB)
- Concord Rgnl. (ICAO: KJQF)
- Raleigh County Meml. (BKW/KBKW)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Blue Ridge Airport (ICAO: KMTV)
- Mount Airy / Surry Co. Airport (ICAO: KMWK)
- Meadow Brook Fld. (FAA ID: N63)
- Meadow Brook Field lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Stuart.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meadow Brook Field
- Rockingham Co. Airport (ICAO: KSIF)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Twin Co. Airport (ICAO: KHLX)
- Elkin Muni. (FAA ID: ZEF)
- Elkin Municipal Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Stuart.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elkin Municipal Airport
- Virginia Tech. Exec. (BCB/KBCB)
- Yadkin Co. Airport
- Yadkin County Airport lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Stuart.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Yadkin County Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Virginia
About Patrick County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Stuart. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Patrick County: www.co.patrick.va.us/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Stuart), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Stuart) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Stuart. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Stuart
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Stuart. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 36.6423, Longitude: -80.2694