When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Stratford Hills.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Stratford Hills. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Stratford Hills.
Large Airports ...
- Richmond Intl. (RIC/KRIC)
- Newport News Intl. (PHF/KPHF)
- Norfolk Intl. (ORF/KORF)
- Washington Dulles Intl.
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Charlottesville Airport (CHO/KCHO)
- Shenandoah Valley Rgnl. (SHD/KSHD)
- Lynchburg Rgnl. (LYH/KLYH)
- Rocky Mount - Wilson Rgnl. (RWI/KRWI)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Chesterfield Co. Airport (FAA ID: FCI)
- Chesterfield County Airport lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> miles to the south of Stratford Hills.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chesterfield County Airport
- Hanover County Muni. (ICAO: KOFP)
- New Kent Co. Airport (FAA ID: W96)
- New Kent County Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the east of Stratford Hills.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Kent County Airport
- Dinwiddie Co. Airport (PTB/KPTB)
- Petersburg Muni.
- Petersburg Municipal Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the south of Stratford Hills.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Petersburg Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Virginia
About Chesterfield County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Stratford Hills. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Chesterfield County: www.co.chesterfield.va.us/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Stratford Hills), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Stratford Hills) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Stratford Hills. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.5518, Longitude: -77.5361 In this case, the coordinates for Stratford Hills have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).