When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Stowersville.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Stowersville. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Stowersville.
Large Airports ...
- Piedmont Triad Intl. (GSO/KGSO)
- Charlotte - Douglas Intl. (CLT/KCLT)
- Raleigh - Durham Intl. (RDU/KRDU)
- McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS/KTYS)
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Fayetteville Rgnl. (FAY/KFAY)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Raleigh County Meml. (BKW/KBKW)
- Greenbrier Valley Airport (LWB/KLWB)
- Roanoke Rgnl. - Woodrum Fld. (ROA/KROA)
- Tri-Cities Rgnl. (TRI/KTRI)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Yeager Airport (CRW/KCRW)
- Smith Reynolds Airport (INT/KINT)
- Tri-State Airport (HTS/KHTS)
- Lynchburg Rgnl. (LYH/KLYH)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Mercer Co. Airport (BLF/KBLF)
- Mountain Empire Airport (ICAO: KMKJ)
- Welch Muni. (FAA ID: I25)
- Welch Municipal Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Stowersville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Welch Municipal Airport
- Tazewell Co. Airport (ICAO: KJFZ)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- New River Valley Airport (ICAO: KPSK)
- Kee Fld. (ICAO: KI16)
- Twin Co. Airport (ICAO: KHLX)
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Virginia
About Bland County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Stowersville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Bland County: www.bland.org/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Stowersville), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Stowersville) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Stowersville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.1912, Longitude: -81.2401 In this case, the coordinates for Stowersville have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).