When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Stony Point.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Stony Point. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Stony Point.
Large Airports ...
- Richmond Intl. (RIC/KRIC)
- Washington Dulles Intl.
- Newport News Intl. (PHF/KPHF)
- Raleigh - Durham Intl. (RDU/KRDU)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Baltimore - Washington Intl. (BWI/KBWI)
- Norfolk Intl. (ORF/KORF)
- Piedmont Triad Intl. (GSO/KGSO)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Charlottesville Airport (CHO/KCHO)
- Shenandoah Valley Rgnl. (SHD/KSHD)
- Lynchburg Rgnl. (LYH/KLYH)
- Roanoke Rgnl. - Woodrum Fld. (ROA/KROA)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Lotus Intl. (FAA ID: 8VA4)
- Lotus International Airport lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Stony Point.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lotus International Airport
- Gordonsville Muni. (FAA ID: GVE)
- Gordonsville Municipal Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Stony Point.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gordonsville Municipal Airport
- Eagles Nest Airport (FAA ID: W13)
- Eagles Nest Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Stony Point.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eagles Nest Airport
- Farmville Muni.
- Farmville Municipal Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the south of Stony Point.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Farmville Municipal Airport
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Farmville Rgnl. (ICAO: KFVX)
- Louisa Co. Airport (ICAO: KLKU)
- Orange Co. Airport (ICAO: KOMH)
- Falwell Airport (FAA ID: W24)
- Falwell Airport lies 45 miles [72.4 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Stony Point.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Falwell Airport
- Bridgewater Air Park (FAA ID: VBW)
- Bridgewater Air Park lies 45 miles [72.4 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Stony Point.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bridgewater Air Park
- Crewe Muni. (FAA ID: W81)
- Crewe Municipal Airport lies 48 miles [77.2 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Stony Point.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crewe Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Virginia
About Albemarle County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Stony Point. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Albemarle County: www.albemarle.org/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Stony Point), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Stony Point) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Stony Point. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.8135, Longitude: -78.4911 In this case, the coordinates for Stony Point have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).