When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Stones Corner.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Stones Corner. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Stones Corner.
Large Airports ...
- Washington Dulles Intl.
- Richmond Intl. (RIC/KRIC)
- Baltimore - Washington Intl. (BWI/KBWI)
- Newport News Intl. (PHF/KPHF)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Charlottesville Airport (CHO/KCHO)
- Shenandoah Valley Rgnl. (SHD/KSHD)
- Wicomico Rgnl. (SBY/KSBY)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Stafford Rgnl. (ICAO: KRMN)
- Warrenton - Fauquier Airport (ICAO: KHWY)
- Maryland Airport (FAA ID: 2W5)
- Maryland Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Stones Corner.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maryland Airport
- Manassas Muni. (HEF/KHEF)
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Culpeper Rgnl. (ICAO: KCJR)
- Orange Co. Airport (ICAO: KOMH)
- Louisa Co. Airport (ICAO: KLKU)
- Washington Exec. (FAA ID: W32)
- Washington Executive Airport lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Stones Corner.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Washington Executive Airport
- Tappahannock Muni. (FAA ID: VG49)
- Tappahannock Municipal Airport lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> miles to the southeast of Stones Corner.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tappahannock Municipal Airport
- Hanover County Muni. (ICAO: KOFP)
- Tappahannock Airport (ICAO: KXSA)
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Virginia
About Stafford County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Stones Corner. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Stafford County: www.co.stafford.va.us/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Stones Corner), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Stones Corner) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Stones Corner. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.3282, Longitude: -77.3905 In this case, the coordinates for Stones Corner have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).