When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Stingray Point.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Stingray Point. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Stingray Point.
Large Airports ...
- Newport News Intl. (PHF/KPHF)
- Norfolk Intl. (ORF/KORF)
- Richmond Intl. (RIC/KRIC)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Wicomico Rgnl. (SBY/KSBY)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Tangier Island Airport (FAA ID: TGI)
- Tangier Island Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Stingray Point.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tangier Island Airport
- Middle Peninsula Rgnl. (ICAO: KFYJ)
- West Pt. Muni.
- West Point Municipal Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the west of Stingray Point.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Point Municipal Airport
- Accomack Co. Airport (ICAO: KMFV)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Williamsburg Airport (ICAO: KJGG)
- Tappahannock Airport (ICAO: KXSA)
- Tappahannock Muni. (FAA ID: VG49)
- Tappahannock Municipal Airport lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Stingray Point.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tappahannock Municipal Airport
- Crisfield Muni. (FAA ID: W41)
- Crisfield Municipal Airport lies 41 miles [66 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Stingray Point.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crisfield Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Virginia
About Middlesex County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Stingray Point. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Middlesex County: www.co.middlesex.va.us/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Stingray Point), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Stingray Point) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Stingray Point. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Stingray Point
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Stingray Point. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.5589, Longitude: -76.3053