When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Steinman.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Steinman. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Steinman.
Large Airports ...
- McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS/KTYS)
- Piedmont Triad Intl. (GSO/KGSO)
- Charlotte - Douglas Intl. (CLT/KCLT)
- Northern Kentucky Intl. (CVG/KCVG)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Louisville Intl. (SDF/KSDF)
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Raleigh - Durham Intl. (RDU/KRDU)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Tri-Cities Rgnl. (TRI/KTRI)
- Greeneville Muni. (GCY/KGCY)
- Raleigh County Meml. (BKW/KBKW)
- Tri-State Airport (HTS/KHTS)
- Yeager Airport (CRW/KCRW)
- Greenbrier Valley Airport (LWB/KLWB)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Grundy Muni. (FAA ID: GDY)
- Grundy Municipal Airport lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Steinman.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grundy Municipal Airport
- Belcher Rgnl. (FAA ID: 57KY)
- Belcher Regional Airport lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> miles to the north of Steinman.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Belcher Regional Airport
- Lonesome Pine Airport (ICAO: KLNP)
- Pike Co. Airport (FAA ID: PBX)
- Pike County Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Steinman.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pike County Airport
- Whitesburg Muni.
- Whitesburg Municipal Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the west of Steinman.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whitesburg Municipal Airport
- Tazewell Co. Airport (ICAO: KJFZ)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Virginia Community
About Dickenson County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Steinman. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Dickenson County: www.dickensonctyva.com/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Steinman), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Steinman) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Steinman. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.1787, Longitude: -82.3415 In this case, the coordinates for Steinman have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).