When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Stampers.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Stampers. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Stampers.
Large Airports ...
- Newport News Intl. (PHF/KPHF)
- Norfolk Intl. (ORF/KORF)
- Richmond Intl. (RIC/KRIC)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Wicomico Rgnl. (SBY/KSBY)
- Charlottesville Airport (CHO/KCHO)
General Aviation Airports ...
- West Pt. Muni.
- West Point Municipal Airport lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> miles to the west of Stampers.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Point Municipal Airport
- Middle Peninsula Rgnl. (ICAO: KFYJ)
- Williamsburg Airport (ICAO: KJGG)
- Tangier Island Airport (FAA ID: TGI)
- Tangier Island Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Stampers.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tangier Island Airport
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Tappahannock Airport (ICAO: KXSA)
- Tappahannock Muni. (FAA ID: VG49)
- Tappahannock Municipal Airport lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Stampers.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tappahannock Municipal Airport
- Accomack Co. Airport (ICAO: KMFV)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Virginia
About Middlesex County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Stampers. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Middlesex County: www.co.middlesex.va.us/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Stampers), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Stampers) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Stampers. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.5399, Longitude: -76.4324 In this case, the coordinates for Stampers have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).