When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Stafford Place.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Stafford Place. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Stafford Place.
Large Airports ...
- Richmond Intl. (RIC/KRIC)
- Newport News Intl. (PHF/KPHF)
- Norfolk Intl. (ORF/KORF)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Charlottesville Airport (CHO/KCHO)
- Lynchburg Rgnl. (LYH/KLYH)
- Rocky Mount - Wilson Rgnl. (RWI/KRWI)
- Shenandoah Valley Rgnl. (SHD/KSHD)
- Pitt - Greenville Airport (PGV/KPGV)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Dinwiddie Co. Airport (PTB/KPTB)
- Petersburg Muni.
- Petersburg Municipal Airport lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> miles to the south of Stafford Place.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Petersburg Municipal Airport
- Chesterfield Co. Airport (FAA ID: FCI)
- Chesterfield County Airport lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Stafford Place.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chesterfield County Airport
- New Kent Co. Airport (FAA ID: W96)
- New Kent County Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Stafford Place.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Kent County Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Virginia Community
About Chesterfield County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Stafford Place. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Chesterfield County: www.co.chesterfield.va.us/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Stafford Place), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Stafford Place) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Stafford Place. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.2890, Longitude: -77.4817 In this case, the coordinates for Stafford Place have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).