When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Stafford Lakes Village.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Stafford Lakes Village. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Stafford Lakes Village.
Large Airports ...
- Washington Dulles Intl.
- Richmond Intl. (RIC/KRIC)
- Baltimore - Washington Intl. (BWI/KBWI)
- Newport News Intl. (PHF/KPHF)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Charlottesville Airport (CHO/KCHO)
- Shenandoah Valley Rgnl. (SHD/KSHD)
- Wicomico Rgnl. (SBY/KSBY)
- Lynchburg Rgnl. (LYH/KLYH)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Stafford Rgnl. (ICAO: KRMN)
- Warrenton - Fauquier Airport (ICAO: KHWY)
- Culpeper Rgnl. (ICAO: KCJR)
- Manassas Muni. (HEF/KHEF)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Orange Co. Airport (ICAO: KOMH)
- Maryland Airport (FAA ID: 2W5)
- Maryland Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Stafford Lakes Village.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maryland Airport
- Louisa Co. Airport (ICAO: KLKU)
- Gordonsville Muni. (FAA ID: GVE)
- Gordonsville Municipal Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Stafford Lakes Village.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gordonsville Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Virginia
About Stafford County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Stafford Lakes Village. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Stafford County: www.co.stafford.va.us/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Stafford Lakes Village), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Stafford Lakes Village) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Stafford Lakes Village. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Stafford Lakes Village
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Stafford Lakes Village. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.3658, Longitude: -77.5383 In this case, the coordinates for Stafford Lakes Village have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).