When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Springwood.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Springwood. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Springwood.
Large Airports ...
- Piedmont Triad Intl. (GSO/KGSO)
- Raleigh - Durham Intl. (RDU/KRDU)
- Richmond Intl. (RIC/KRIC)
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Washington Dulles Intl.
- Charlotte - Douglas Intl. (CLT/KCLT)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Roanoke Rgnl. - Woodrum Fld. (ROA/KROA)
- Lynchburg Rgnl. (LYH/KLYH)
- Greenbrier Valley Airport (LWB/KLWB)
- Shenandoah Valley Rgnl. (SHD/KSHD)
- Raleigh County Meml. (BKW/KBKW)
- Charlottesville Airport (CHO/KCHO)
General Aviation Airports ...
- New Castle Intl. (FAA ID: VA85)
- New Castle International Airport lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Springwood.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Castle International Airport
- Ingalls Fld. (ICAO: KHSP)
- Smith Mountain Lake Airport (FAA ID: W91)
- Smith Mountain Lake Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Springwood.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Smith Mountain Lake Airport
- Falwell Airport (FAA ID: W24)
- Falwell Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Springwood.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Falwell Airport
- Virginia Tech. Exec. (BCB/KBCB)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Virginia
About Botetourt County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Springwood. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Botetourt County: www.co.botetourt.va.us/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Springwood), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Springwood) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Springwood. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.5490, Longitude: -79.7448 In this case, the coordinates for Springwood have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).