When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Springfield.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Springfield. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Springfield.
Large Airports ...
- Washington Dulles Intl.
- Baltimore - Washington Intl. (BWI/KBWI)
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Richmond Intl. (RIC/KRIC)
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Harrisburg Intl. (MDT/KMDT)
- University Park Airport (SCE/KUNV)
- Newport News Intl. (PHF/KPHF)
- Pittsburgh Intl. (PIT/KPIT)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Shenandoah Valley Rgnl. (SHD/KSHD)
- Charlottesville Airport (CHO/KCHO)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Luray Caverns Airport (FAA ID: W45)
- Luray Caverns Airport lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Springfield.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Luray Caverns Airport
- Front Royal Airport (FAA ID: FRR)
- Front Royal - Warren County Airport lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Springfield.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Front Royal - Warren County Airport
- Culpeper Rgnl. (ICAO: KCJR)
- Winchester Rgnl. (ICAO: KOKV)
- Bridgewater Air Park (FAA ID: VBW)
- Bridgewater Air Park lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Springfield.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bridgewater Air Park
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Virginia
About Page County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Springfield. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Page County: www.co.page.va.us/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Springfield), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Springfield) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Springfield. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.7046, Longitude: -78.4461 In this case, the coordinates for Springfield have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).