When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Springfield Forest.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Springfield Forest. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Springfield Forest.
Large Airports ...
- Washington Dulles Intl.
- Baltimore - Washington Intl. (BWI/KBWI)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Charlottesville Airport (CHO/KCHO)
- Wicomico Rgnl. (SBY/KSBY)
- Shenandoah Valley Rgnl. (SHD/KSHD)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Washington Exec. (FAA ID: W32)
- Washington Executive Airport lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> miles to the east of Springfield Forest.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Washington Executive Airport
- Maryland Airport (FAA ID: 2W5)
- Maryland Airport lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Springfield Forest.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maryland Airport
- Manassas Muni. (HEF/KHEF)
- College Park Airport (ICAO: KCGS)
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Freeway Airport (FAA ID: W00)
- Freeway Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Springfield Forest.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Freeway Airport
- Montgomery County Airpark (ICAO: KGAI)
- Leesburg Exec. (ICAO: KJYO)
- Stafford Rgnl. (ICAO: KRMN)
- Tipton Airport (FME/KFME)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Virginia
About Fairfax County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Springfield Forest. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Fairfax County: www.co.fairfax.va.us/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Springfield Forest), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Springfield Forest) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Springfield Forest. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.7737, Longitude: -77.1639 In this case, the coordinates for Springfield Forest have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).