When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Spring Meadows.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Spring Meadows. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Spring Meadows.
Large Airports ...
- Richmond Intl. (RIC/KRIC)
- Newport News Intl. (PHF/KPHF)
- Norfolk Intl. (ORF/KORF)
- Washington Dulles Intl.
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Charlottesville Airport (CHO/KCHO)
- Shenandoah Valley Rgnl. (SHD/KSHD)
- Lynchburg Rgnl. (LYH/KLYH)
- Wicomico Rgnl. (SBY/KSBY)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Hanover County Muni. (ICAO: KOFP)
- New Kent Co. Airport (FAA ID: W96)
- New Kent County Airport lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Spring Meadows.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Kent County Airport
- Chesterfield Co. Airport (FAA ID: FCI)
- Chesterfield County Airport lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Spring Meadows.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chesterfield County Airport
- Dinwiddie Co. Airport (PTB/KPTB)
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Petersburg Muni.
- Petersburg Municipal Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Spring Meadows.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Petersburg Municipal Airport
- Tappahannock Airport (ICAO: KXSA)
- Middle Peninsula Rgnl. (ICAO: KFYJ)
- West Pt. Muni.
- West Point Municipal Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Spring Meadows.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Point Municipal Airport
- Tappahannock Muni. (FAA ID: VG49)
- Tappahannock Municipal Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Spring Meadows.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tappahannock Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Virginia
About Hanover County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Spring Meadows. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Hanover County: www.co.hanover.va.us/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Spring Meadows), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Spring Meadows) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Spring Meadows. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.6143, Longitude: -77.3491 In this case, the coordinates for Spring Meadows have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).