When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Spring Garden.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Spring Garden. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Spring Garden.
Large Airports ...
- Piedmont Triad Intl. (GSO/KGSO)
- Raleigh - Durham Intl. (RDU/KRDU)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Lynchburg Rgnl. (LYH/KLYH)
- Roanoke Rgnl. - Woodrum Fld. (ROA/KROA)
- Smith Reynolds Airport (INT/KINT)
- Greenbrier Valley Airport (LWB/KLWB)
- Rocky Mount - Wilson Rgnl. (RWI/KRWI)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Danville Rgnl. (DAN/KDAN)
- William M. Tuck Airport (FAA ID: W78)
- William M. Tuck Airport lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> miles to the east of Spring Garden.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on William M. Tuck Airport
- Smith Mountain Lake Airport (FAA ID: W91)
- Smith Mountain Lake Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Spring Garden.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Smith Mountain Lake Airport
- Brookneal Airport (FAA ID: 0V4)
- Brookneal - Campbell County Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Spring Garden.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brookneal - Campbell County Airport
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Rockingham Co. Airport (ICAO: KSIF)
- Person Co. Airport (ICAO: KTDF)
- Blue Ridge Airport (ICAO: KMTV)
- Falwell Airport (FAA ID: W24)
- Falwell Airport lies 42 miles [67.6 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Spring Garden.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Falwell Airport
- Marks Muni. (ICAO: KW63)
- Chase City Muni. (FAA ID: CXE)
- Chase City Municipal Airport lies 44 miles [70.8 km]<2> miles to the east of Spring Garden.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chase City Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Virginia
About Pittsylvania County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Spring Garden. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Pittsylvania County: www.pittgov.org/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Spring Garden), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Spring Garden) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Spring Garden. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 36.7804, Longitude: -79.3047 In this case, the coordinates for Spring Garden have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).