When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Spratleys Mill.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Spratleys Mill. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Spratleys Mill.
Large Airports ...
- Newport News Intl. (PHF/KPHF)
- Richmond Intl. (RIC/KRIC)
- Norfolk Intl. (ORF/KORF)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Rocky Mount - Wilson Rgnl. (RWI/KRWI)
- Pitt - Greenville Airport (PGV/KPGV)
- Charlottesville Airport (CHO/KCHO)
- Wicomico Rgnl. (SBY/KSBY)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Wakefield Muni. (ICAO: KAKQ)
- Williamsburg Airport (ICAO: KJGG)
- Franklin Muni. (FKN/KFKN)
- New Kent Co. Airport (FAA ID: W96)
- New Kent County Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Spratleys Mill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Kent County Airport
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Middle Peninsula Rgnl. (ICAO: KFYJ)
- West Pt. Muni.
- West Point Municipal Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Spratleys Mill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Point Municipal Airport
- Suffolk Exec. (ICAO: KSFQ)
- Dinwiddie Co. Airport (PTB/KPTB)
- Petersburg Muni.
- Petersburg Municipal Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Spratleys Mill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Petersburg Municipal Airport
- Hampton Roads Exec. (ICAO: KPVG)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Virginia
About Surry County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Spratleys Mill. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Surry County: www.co.surry.va.us/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Spratleys Mill), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Spratleys Mill) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Spratleys Mill. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.0774, Longitude: -76.9247 In this case, the coordinates for Spratleys Mill have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).