When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Spainville.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Spainville. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Spainville.
Large Airports ...
- Richmond Intl. (RIC/KRIC)
- Newport News Intl. (PHF/KPHF)
- Norfolk Intl. (ORF/KORF)
- Raleigh - Durham Intl. (RDU/KRDU)
- Washington Dulles Intl.
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Charlottesville Airport (CHO/KCHO)
- Lynchburg Rgnl. (LYH/KLYH)
- Shenandoah Valley Rgnl. (SHD/KSHD)
- Rocky Mount - Wilson Rgnl. (RWI/KRWI)
- Pitt - Greenville Airport (PGV/KPGV)
- Roanoke Rgnl. - Woodrum Fld. (ROA/KROA)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Allen C. Perkinson Muni. (ICAO: KBKT)
- Crewe Muni. (FAA ID: W81)
- Crewe Municipal Airport lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> miles to the west of Spainville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crewe Municipal Airport
- Lunenburg Co. Airport (FAA ID: W31)
- Lunenburg County Airport lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Spainville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lunenburg County Airport
- Dinwiddie Co. Airport (PTB/KPTB)
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Petersburg Muni.
- Petersburg Municipal Airport lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> miles to the east of Spainville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Petersburg Municipal Airport
- Chesterfield Co. Airport (FAA ID: FCI)
- Chesterfield County Airport lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Spainville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chesterfield County Airport
- Lawrenceville / Brunswick Muni. (FAA ID: LVL)
- Lawrenceville / Brunswick Municipal Airport lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Spainville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lawrenceville / Brunswick Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Virginia
About Nottoway County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Spainville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Nottoway County: www.nottoway.org/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Spainville), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Spainville) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Spainville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.1888, Longitude: -77.9161 In this case, the coordinates for Spainville have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).