When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Nieswanders Fort.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Nieswanders Fort. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Nieswanders Fort.
Large Airports ...
- Washington Dulles Intl.
- Washington Dulles International Airport lies 45 miles [72.4 km]<2> miles to the east of Nieswanders Fort.
- Official website: https://flydulles.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Washington Dulles International Airport
- Baltimore - Washington Intl. (BWI/KBWI)
- Morgantown Muni. (MGW/KMGW)
- Harrisburg Intl. (MDT/KMDT)
- Richmond Intl. (RIC/KRIC)
- University Park Airport (SCE/KUNV)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Shenandoah Valley Rgnl. (SHD/KSHD)
- Charlottesville Airport (CHO/KCHO)
- Johnstown - Cambria Co. Airport (JST/KJST)
- Arnold Palmer Rgnl. (LBE/KLBE)
- North Central WV Airport (CKB/KCKB)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Front Royal Airport (FAA ID: FRR)
- Front Royal - Warren County Airport lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Nieswanders Fort.
- Official website: * unknown
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Front Royal - Warren County Airport
- Winchester Rgnl. (ICAO: KOKV)
- Luray Caverns Airport (FAA ID: W45)
- Luray Caverns Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Nieswanders Fort.
- Official website: * unknown
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Luray Caverns Airport
- Eastern West Virginia Rgnl. (MRB/KMRB)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Search for a Community located in Virginia
About Frederick County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Nieswanders Fort. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Frederick County: www.co.frederick.va.us/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Nieswanders Fort), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Nieswanders Fort) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Nieswanders Fort. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.0468, Longitude: -78.2964 In this case, the coordinates for Nieswanders Fort have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|