When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Newtown.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Newtown. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Newtown.
Large Airports ...
- Richmond Intl. (RIC/KRIC)
- Newport News Intl. (PHF/KPHF)
- Washington Dulles Intl.
- Washington Dulles International Airport lies 73 miles [117.5 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Newtown.
- Official website: https://flydulles.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Washington Dulles International Airport
- Norfolk Intl. (ORF/KORF)
- Baltimore - Washington Intl. (BWI/KBWI)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Charlottesville Airport (CHO/KCHO)
- Wicomico Rgnl. (SBY/KSBY)
- Shenandoah Valley Rgnl. (SHD/KSHD)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Tappahannock Muni. (FAA ID: VG49)
- Tappahannock Municipal Airport lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> miles to the east of Newtown.
- Official website: * unknown
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tappahannock Municipal Airport
- Tappahannock Airport (ICAO: KXSA)
- Hanover County Muni. (ICAO: KOFP)
- New Kent Co. Airport (FAA ID: W96)
- New Kent County Airport lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> miles to the south of Newtown.
- Official website: * unknown
- Jump to Google Maps centered on New Kent County Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Find a Community located in Virginia
About King and Queen County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Newtown. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Newtown), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Newtown) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Newtown. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.9135, Longitude: -77.1289 In this case, the coordinates for Newtown have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|