Welcome to New Kent ...
New Kent is located in New Kent County<1> and is the County Seat for New Kent County.
New Kent is 140 feet [43 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: New Kent lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time
The telephone area code for New Kent: (804)
The ZIP code for New Kent: 23124<3>
Communities Also Named New Kent ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named New Kent - it's located in Tennessee.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for New Kent.
Communities near New Kent ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near New Kent.
- West Point [King William County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for West Point
- West Point [King William County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the east of New Kent
- Estimated population in 2019: 3,257 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for West Point have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Point
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for West Point<6>
- Claremont [Surry County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Claremont
- Claremont [Surry County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the south of New Kent
- Estimated population in 2019: 336 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Claremont have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Claremont
- Ruthville [Charles City County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ruthville
- Ruthville [Charles City County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the south of New Kent
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ruthville
- Mattaponi [King and Queen County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Charles City [Charles City County]
- Walkerton [King and Queen County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Walkerton
- Walkerton [King and Queen County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the north of New Kent
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Walkerton
- Cumnor [King and Queen County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cumnor
- Cumnor [King and Queen County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the north of New Kent
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cumnor
- Norge [James City County]
- Barlows Corner [York County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Barlows Corner
- Barlows Corner [York County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the southeast of New Kent
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barlows Corner
- Sandston [Henrico County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around New Kent. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for New Kent.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of New Kent. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around New Kent.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around New Kent. See our Newspapers Page for New Kent.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for New Kent ...
Looking for more information about New Kent? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for New Kent, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for New Kent.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Virginia
About New Kent County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for New Kent. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for New Kent County: www.co.new-kent.va.us/
The official website for State of Virginia: https://www.virginia.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Virginia's counties, including New Kent, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around New Kent - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as New Kent). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether New Kent or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- New Kent) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for New Kent. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from New Kent
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in New Kent. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.5153, Longitude: -76.9824
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|