Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Alexandria.
Our newspaper information for Alexandria is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
The following list contains the names of 4 papers that were published in the immediate area of Alexandria. In addition, the list contains another 62 papers that were published in the broader area that surrounded Alexandria. In total, we've identified 66 papers within 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> of Alexandria.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Alexandria.
Newspapers Published In Alexandria ...
We know of 4 newspapers that have been published in the immediate area of Alexandria:
- Alexandria News (from 1938)
- The Alexandria Times (from 1894)
- The Tri-County Hustler (from 1901)
- Times Herald (from 1950)
Newspapers Neighboring Alexandria ...
The following newspapers were published within 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> of Alexandria.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Alexandria.
- Published In Watertown [Wilson County] ...
- The Watertown Gazette (from 1998)
- The Watertown Herald (from 1917)
- The Watertown Index (from 1892)
- The Wilson County News (from 1907)
- Watertown Courier (from 19??)
- Watertown Sentinel (from 1904)
- Published In Liberty ...
- The Liberty Herald (from 1886)
- Published In Auburntown [Cannon County] ...
- Tri-County Gazette (from 1981)
- Published In Carthage [Smith County] ...
- We know of 29 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Carthage. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Carthage
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> of Alexandria. This extended list includes all the papers from Carthage. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Alexandria
- Published In Smithville ...
- DeKalb County Star (from 1979)
- The Highland Sun (from 1876)
- The Middle Tennessee Times (from 1999)
- The Star (from 1981)
- Published In Lebanon [Wilson County] ...
- Lebanon Banner (from 1900)
- Lebanon Commercial (from 1879)
- Lebanon Democrat And Wilson County News (from 1974)
- Lebanon Herald (from 18??)
- Lebanon Weekly Herald (from 1853)
- Tennessee Palladium (from 1833)
- The Daily Herald (from 1888)
- The Herald-Register (from 189?)
- The Lebanon Chronicle (from 1839)
- The Lebanon Democrat And Wilson County News (from 1943)
- The Lebanon Democrat (from 1889)
- The Lebanon Democrat (from 1970)
- The Lebanon Free Press (from 1870)
- The Lebanon Packet (from 1848)
- The Lebanon Record (from 1868)
- The Lebanon Register (from 1865)
- The Lebanon Tribune (from 1894)
- The Register (from 188?)
- The Weekly News (from 1893)
- The first year of publication was in 1893, with an unknown end date
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for The Weekly News
- Holdings for: LCCN SN96091142
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 36145732
- Wilson County News (from 1879)
- Wilson County News (from 1941)
- Wilson World (from 1978)
- Published In Woodbury [Cannon County] ...
- Cannon Courier (from 188?)
- Cannon Courier (from 1905)
- The Cannon County Times (from 1932)
- The Times (from 1897)
- The Woodbury Press (from 1899)
- The Woodbury Press (from 1872)
- Woodbury News (from 1915)
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Alexandria. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Tennessee: https://www.tn.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Alexandria) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Alexandria. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AlexandriaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alexandria. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 36.0771, Longitude: -86.0332 |