Our Genealogy Helper for Willowbrook ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Willowbrook (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Willowbrook. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Willowbrook:
- Websites specific to Saskatchewan
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Saskatchewan
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Saskatchewan
Cemeteries Near Willowbrook ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Willowbrook.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Willowbrook covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Fone / Phone Hill Cemetery
- St. Paul United Church Cemetery
- Rockdell Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Rockdell Cemetery
- Rockdell Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the southwest of Willowbrook.
- Rockdell Cemetery has also been known as:
- Rock Dell Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rockdell Cemetery
- Jaroslaw Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Plainview Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Plainview Cemetery
- Plainview Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the southwest of Willowbrook.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plainview Cemetery
- Plainview Zion Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Plainview Zion Lutheran Cemetery
- Plainview Zion Lutheran Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the southwest of Willowbrook.
- Plainview Zion Lutheran Cemetery has also been known as:
- Fenwood - Plainview Zion Lutheran Cemetery
- Zion Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plainview Zion Lutheran Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2494078<2>
- Continue List ...
- Springside Cemetery
- St. Peter & Paul Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Peter & Paul Cemetery
- The St. Peter & Paul Cemetery is located outside and to the west of Jedburgh.Stated another way, St. Peter & Paul Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Willowbrook.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Peter & Paul Cemetery
- Ascension Lutheran Cemetery
- City of Yorkton Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the City of Yorkton Cemetery
- The City of Yorkton Cemetery is located outside and to the southeast of Yorkton.To be precise, City of Yorkton Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the east of Willowbrook.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on City of Yorkton Cemetery
- Yorkton City Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Yorkton City Cemetery
- The Yorkton City Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located outside and to the southeast of Yorkton.To be more accurate, Yorkton City Cemetery lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the east of Willowbrook.
- Yorkton City Cemetery has also been known as:
- Yorkton City Cemetery
- Yorkton Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Yorkton City Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2192916<2>
- Zion Lutheran Cemetery
- Birmingham Orthodox Cemetery
- St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Catholic Cemetery
- St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Catholic Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the south of Willowbrook.
- St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Catholic Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Paraskevia Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Paraskevia Ukrainian Greek Catholic Cemetery
- Ukrainian Orthodox Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Willowbrook. See our List of 1890's Communities around Willowbrook.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions for Willowbrook ...
While our initial data about Willowbrook came from various goverment sources, we have found mention of Willowbrook in old books and maps. When we do, we'll find a fact here or a snippet there. We've created the following list to keep track of the documents we found useful in adding to our knowledge about Willowbrook.
We hope that the following list of documents will be of interest to you.
North American Railroad Atlas - Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Written by: Walker, Mike
Published by Steam Powered Video (SPV), 2011
Shell Oil Road Map for Saskatchewan (1956)
Published by Shell Oil Company
for Willowbrook. See our Misc Page for Willowbrook for more information.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Willowbrook. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Willowbrook) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Willowbrook. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WillowbrookOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Willowbrook. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.2000, Longitude: -102.8000 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|