Our Genealogy Helper for Speers ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Speers (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Speers. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first turn to the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Speers:
- Websites specific to Saskatchewan
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Saskatchewan
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Saskatchewan
Cemeteries Near Speers ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Speers.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Speers covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Richard Cemetery
- Ruddell Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Ruddell Cemetery
- Ruddell Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the southwest of Speers.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ruddell Cemetery
- Mayfair Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mayfair Cemetery
- Mayfair Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the north of Speers.
- Mayfair Cemetery has also been known as:
- Mayfair Community Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mayfair Cemetery
- Denholm Community Cemetery
- Blue Bird Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Blue Bird Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Blue Bird Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Blue Bird Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the north of Speers.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blue Bird Cemetery
- Mullingar Mennonite Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Haralowka Cemetery
- Willowmoor Cemetery
- Tambovka Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Tambovka Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Tambovka Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Tambovka Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the southeast of Speers.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tambovka Cemetery
- St. Michaels Greek Orthodox Cemetery
- Troitskoe Doukhobor Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Troitskoe Doukhobor Cemetery
- Troitskoe Doukhobor Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the east of Speers.
- Troitskoe Doukhobor Cemetery has also been known as:
- Trinity Doukhobor Cemetery
- Trinity / Troitskoe Cemetery
- Troitskoe Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Troitskoe Doukhobor Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2508012<2>
- Mullingar Community Cemetery
- Woodlawn Memorial Gardens
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Woodlawn Memorial Gardens
- The Woodlawn Memorial Gardens is located in the vicinity of BradaTo be more precise, Woodlawn Memorial Gardens lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the west of Speers.
- Woodlawn Memorial Gardens has also been known as:
- Woodlawn Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woodlawn Memorial Gardens
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2169528<2>
- Terpenia / Brook Hill Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Terpenia / Brook Hill Cemetery
- Terpenia / Brook Hill Cemetery lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the east of Speers.
- Terpenia / Brook Hill Cemetery has also been known as:
- Brook Hill Cemetery
- Terpenia Cemetery
- Terpenie Cemetery
- Terpeniye / Brook Hill Cemetery
- Terpenye Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Terpenia / Brook Hill Cemetery
- Bogdanovka / Cee Pee Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Speers. See our List of 1890's Communities around Speers.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Saskatchewan Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Speers. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Speers) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Speers. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from SpeersOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Speers. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.7087, Longitude: -107.5578 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|