Welcome to Shipman ...
Shipman is 1,580 feet [482 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Shipman lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Telephone area codes for Shipman: (306) & (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Shipman: S0J<3>
Communities Also Named Shipman ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 6 communities that are also named Shipman - they are located in Illinois, Indiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Ontario and Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Shipman.
Communities near Shipman ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Shipman.
- Meath Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Meath Park
- Meath Park lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the west of Shipman
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Meath Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Smeaton
- Smeaton lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the east of Shipman
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Smeaton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Weirdale
- Weirdale lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the west of Shipman
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Weirdale came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Weirdale
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Foxford
- Foxford lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the west of Shipman
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Foxford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Foxford
- Janow Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Janow Corners
- Janow Corners lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the west of Shipman
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Janow Corners. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Janow Corners
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Choiceland
- Choiceland lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the east of Shipman
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Choiceland came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Choiceland
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Choiceland<6>
- Candle Lake
- Minowukaw Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Minowukaw Beach
- Minowukaw Beach lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the north of Shipman
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Minowukaw Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kalyna
- Kalyna lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Shipman
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kalyna
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Shipman ...
Looking for more information about Shipman? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Shipman, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Shipman.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Shipman. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Shipman - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Shipman). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Shipman or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Shipman) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Shipman. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ShipmanOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Shipman. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.4833, Longitude: -104.9833 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|