Our Genealogy Helper for Sagehill ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool which helps us with planning our trips.
- We're trying to shape our Gazetteer as a tool to help us understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
- On our trips, we try to visit those places where our ancestors left their footprints.
By learning about Sagehill (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this our Genealogical Helper for Sagehill. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Sagehill:
- Websites specific to Saskatchewan
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Saskatchewan
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Saskatchewan
Cemeteries Near Sagehill ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Sagehill.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Sagehill covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- St. Maurus Roman and Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Sacred Heart Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- St. Bruno RC Cemetery
- St. Agnes Ukrainian and RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Agnes Ukrainian and RC Cemetery
- The St. Agnes Ukrainian and RC Cemetery is located outside and to the northeast of Peterson.To be more precise, St. Agnes Ukrainian and RC Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the south of Sagehill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Agnes Ukrainian and RC Cemetery
- St. Boniface RC Cemetery
- Borschiw Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Borschiw Cemetery
- Borschiw Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the southwest of Sagehill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Borschiw Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- All Hallows Anglican Cemetery
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Cemetery (Old)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Cemetery (Old)
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Cemetery (Old). Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Cemetery (Old) lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the southeast of Sagehill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Cemetery (Old)
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Cemetery (New)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Cemetery (New)
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Cemetery (New). Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Cemetery (New) lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the east of Sagehill.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Cemetery (New)
- Old St. Benedict RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Old St. Benedict RC Cemetery
- Old St. Benedict RC Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the northeast of Sagehill.
- Old St. Benedict RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Benedict RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Old St. Benedict RC Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2568403<2>
- Conception Religious Roman Cemetery (New)
- Vonda Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- St. Peter's Cemetery
- Conception Religious Roman Cemetery (Old)
- Grace Lutheran Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Sagehill. See our List of 1890's Communities around Sagehill.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Sagehill. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Sagehill) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Sagehill. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3184, Longitude: -105.6744 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|