Welcome to Pennant Station ...
Although we found mention of Pennant Station during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Pennant Station was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Pennant Station to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Pennant Station, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Pennant Station: Pennant Sta. (in Canada, 'Stn.' is the more common abbreviation.)
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Pennant Station might be (or was) located is in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
We believe that Pennant Station would be found within the (306) and (639)<2> area codes.
Communities near Pennant Station ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Pennant Station.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cabri
- Cabri lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the northwest of Pennant Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cabri
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hazlet
- Hazlet lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the southwest of Pennant Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hazlet
- Stewart Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stewart Valley
- Stewart Valley lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the east of Pennant Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Stewart Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stewart Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Stewart Valley<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Success
- Success lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the southeast of Pennant Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Success came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Success
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shackleton
- Shackleton lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the northwest of Pennant Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shackleton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Battrum
- Battrum lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the west of Pennant Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Battrum
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Roseray
- Roseray lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the southwest of Pennant Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Roseray
- Saskatchewan Landing
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saskatchewan Landing
- Saskatchewan Landing lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the northeast of Pennant Station
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saskatchewan Landing
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lacadena
- Lacadena lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the north of Pennant Station
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lacadena came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lacadena
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Pennant Station ...
Looking for more information about Pennant Station? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Pennant Station, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Pennant Station.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Pennant Station and then turned east". While Pennant Station could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Pennant Station as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Pennant Station could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Pennant Station) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Pennant Station. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Pennant StationOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pennant Station. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.5364, Longitude: -108.2307 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|