Welcome to Parkbeg ...
Parkbeg is 2,140 feet [652 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Parkbeg is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Parkbeg lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Area codes for Parkbeg: (306) and (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Parkbeg: S0H<3>
Communities near Parkbeg ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Parkbeg.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Caron
- Caron lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the east of Parkbeg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Caron came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Caron
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eastleigh
- Eastleigh lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the south of Parkbeg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eastleigh
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Courval
- Courval lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the south of Parkbeg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Courval
- Old Wives - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Old Wives
- Old Wives was located 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the southeast of Parkbeg
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mawer
- Mawer lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the north of Parkbeg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mawer
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brownlee
- Brownlee lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Parkbeg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brownlee came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brownlee
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coderre
- Coderre lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the south of Parkbeg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coderre
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Parkbeg ...
Looking for more information about Parkbeg? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Parkbeg, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Parkbeg.
Adding Parkbeg to Our Gazetteer ...
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Parkbeg was
We also found Parkbeg on a map titled Shell Oil Road Map for Saskatchewan (1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Parkbeg on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Parkbeg. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Parkbeg - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Parkbeg, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Parkbeg). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Parkbeg or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Parkbeg) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Parkbeg. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ParkbegOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Parkbeg. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.4500, Longitude: -106.2667 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|