Our Genealogy Helper for Keeler ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Keeler (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Keeler. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Keeler:
- Websites specific to Saskatchewan
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Saskatchewan
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Saskatchewan
Cemeteries Near Keeler ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Keeler.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Keeler covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Lake Valley Cemetery
- Eyebrow Cemetery
- Caron Cemetery
- South Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the South Cemetery
- South Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the northeast of Keeler.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on South Cemetery
- Chamberlain Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Chamberlain Cemetery
- The Chamberlain Cemetery is located outside and to the south of Chamberlain.More accurately, Chamberlain Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the northeast of Keeler.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chamberlain Cemetery
- St. Columba Anglican Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Columba Anglican Church Cemetery
- The St. Columba Anglican Church Cemetery is located 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the west of Tuxford.To be more accurate, St. Columba Anglican Church Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km] to the southeast of Keeler.
- St. Columba Anglican Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Columba Church Cemetery
- St. Columbia Anglican Cemetery
- St. Columbia Cemetery
- St. Columbia / Tuxford Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Columba Anglican Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2418219<2>
- Continue List ...
- Zoar Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Findlater Cemetery
- Tugaske Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Tugaske Cemetery
- Tugaske Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the northwest of Keeler.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tugaske Cemetery
- Rosedale Cemetery
- Moose Jaw Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Moose Jaw Cemetery
- The Moose Jaw Cemetery is located in Moose Jaw.More precisely, Moose Jaw Cemetery lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the southeast of Keeler.
- Moose Jaw Cemetery has also been known as:
- Moose Jaw City Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moose Jaw Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2186619<2>
- Remco Sunset / Resthaven Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Remco Sunset / Resthaven Cemetery
- Remco Sunset / Resthaven Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the southeast of Keeler.
- Remco Sunset / Resthaven Cemetery has also been known as:
- Resthaven Cemetery
- Sunset Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Remco Sunset / Resthaven Cemetery
- Craik Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Craik Cemetery
- The Craik Cemetery is located outside and to the north of Craik.More accurately, Craik Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the north of Keeler.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Craik Cemetery
- Central Butte Cemetery
- Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Keeler. See our List of 1890's Communities around Keeler.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Keeler. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Keeler) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Keeler. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from KeelerOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Keeler. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.6833, Longitude: -105.8833 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|