Welcome to Debden ...
The village of Debden is 1,640 feet [500 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Debden lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Area codes for Debden: (306) and (639)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Debden: S0J<3>
Communities near Debden ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Debden.
- Big River 118
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big River 118
- Big River 118 lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the west of Debden
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Big River 118 came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big River 118
- Shell Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shell Lake
- Shell Lake lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Debden
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shell Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shell Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Victoire
- Victoire lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the west of Debden
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Victoire came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Victoire
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Victoire<6>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Blue Heron
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blue Heron
- Blue Heron lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the east of Debden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blue Heron
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bodmin
- Bodmin lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the north of Debden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bodmin
- Ladder Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ladder Valley
- Ladder Valley lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the north of Debden
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Ladder Valley. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ladder Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Capasin
- Capasin lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the west of Debden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Capasin
- Big River
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cookson
- Cookson lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the east of Debden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cookson
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Debden ...
Looking for more information about Debden? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Debden, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Debden.
Adding Debden to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Debden was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Debden on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Saskatchewan Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Debden. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Debden - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Debden). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Debden or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Debden) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Debden. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DebdenOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Debden. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.5167, Longitude: -106.8667 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|