Our Genealogy Helper for Caronport ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Caronport (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Caronport. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Caronport:
- Websites specific to Saskatchewan
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Saskatchewan
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Saskatchewan
Cemeteries Near Caronport ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Caronport.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Caronport covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Caron Cemetery
- Rosedale Cemetery
- Lake Valley Cemetery
- Remco Sunset / Resthaven Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Remco Sunset / Resthaven Cemetery
- Remco Sunset / Resthaven Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Caronport.
- Remco Sunset / Resthaven Cemetery has also been known as:
- Resthaven Cemetery
- Sunset Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Remco Sunset / Resthaven Cemetery
- Moose Jaw Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Moose Jaw Cemetery
- The Moose Jaw Cemetery is located in Moose Jaw.Moose Jaw Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the east of Caronport.
- Moose Jaw Cemetery has also been known as:
- Moose Jaw City Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moose Jaw Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2186619<1>
- St. Columba Anglican Church Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Columba Anglican Church Cemetery
- The St. Columba Anglican Church Cemetery is located 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the west of Tuxford.Stated another way, St. Columba Anglican Church Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km] to the northeast of Caronport.
- St. Columba Anglican Church Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Columba Church Cemetery
- St. Columbia Anglican Cemetery
- St. Columbia Cemetery
- St. Columbia / Tuxford Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Columba Anglican Church Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2418219<1>
- Continue List ...
- Hillsdale Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Hillsdale Cemetery
- Hillsdale Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Caronport.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hillsdale Cemetery
- St. Joseph's RC Cemetery
- Poplar Grove / Stony Beach Cemetery
- Eyebrow Cemetery
- Zoar Lutheran Church Cemetery
- Stony Beach Anglican Cemetery
- Findlater Cemetery
- South Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the South Cemetery
- South Cemetery lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the northeast of Caronport.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on South Cemetery
- Chamberlain Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Chamberlain Cemetery
- The Chamberlain Cemetery is located outside and to the south of Chamberlain.More accurately, Chamberlain Cemetery lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the north of Caronport.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chamberlain Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Caronport. See our List of 1890's Communities around Caronport.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Caronport. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Caronport) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Caronport. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CaronportOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Caronport. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.4584, Longitude: -105.8177 |