Our Genealogy Helper for Bromhead ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Bromhead (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Bromhead. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Newspapers Published in Bromhead ...
An ongoing effort between the Library of Congress and the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) has resulted in the National Digital Newspaper Program (NDNP).
To share their results, the partnership has created the Chronicling America website. The goal of this partnership is to assemble a database about the current and historic newspapers of the United States. This includes a growing collection of scanned images from selected papers. All of it available to the public on their website.
Using information that we've taken from the Chronicling America website, we've identified 13 newspapers that have been published in the area around Bromhead.
Although we're unaware of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Bromhead, there are papers which were published within 40 miles [64.4 km]<1>. A list of those papers, sorted by paper name, can be found on the Extended Newspaper List for Bromhead.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These helpful websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Bromhead:
- Websites specific to Saskatchewan
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Saskatchewan
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Montana
- Stories from North Dakota
- Stories from Saskatchewan
Cemeteries Near Bromhead ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Bromhead.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Bromhead covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Hamar Lutheran Cemetery
- Lac Qui Parle Lutheran Cemetery
- Torquay Community Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Torquay Community Cemetery
- Torquay Community Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the east of Bromhead.
- Torquay Community Cemetery has also been known as:
- Sacred Heart RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Torquay Community Cemetery
- Slager Cemetery
- Dravland Cemetery
- Sonnenfeld Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- St. Cunigundis Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Cunigundis Catholic Cemetery
- St. Cunigundis Catholic Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the southeast of Bromhead.
- St. Cunigundis Catholic Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Cunigunda Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Cunigundis Catholic Cemetery
- Holy Family Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Holy Family Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- The Holy Family Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery is located 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the east of Tribune.More precisely, Holy Family Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery lies 14 miles [22.5 km] to the west of Bromhead.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holy Family Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Goodwater Memorial Gardens
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Goodwater Memorial Gardens
- Goodwater Memorial Gardens lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the north of Bromhead.
- Goodwater Memorial Gardens has also been known as:
- Goodwater Cemetery
- Goodwater Memorial Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goodwater Memorial Gardens
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2232349<2>
- Colgate Memorial Acres Cemetery
- Greendale Cemetery
- Ambrose Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Ambrose Cemetery
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for the Ambrose Cemetery have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Ambrose Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the southeast of Bromhead.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ambrose Cemetery
- Bethel & St. John's Cemetery
- Oslo Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Oslo Cemetery
- Oslo Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the southwest of Bromhead.
- Oslo Cemetery has also been known as:
- Olso Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oslo Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #102255<2>
- Westphalia Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Westphalia Cemetery
- The Westphalia Cemetery is located outside and to the northeast of Midale.To be more precise, Westphalia Cemetery lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the northeast of Bromhead.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Westphalia Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Bromhead. See our List of 1890's Communities around Bromhead.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bromhead. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bromhead) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bromhead. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BromheadOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bromhead. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.1812, Longitude: -103.6771 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|