Our Genealogy Helper for Bremen ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Bremen (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Bremen. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites either offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Bremen:
- Websites specific to Saskatchewan
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Saskatchewan
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Saskatchewan
Cemeteries Near Bremen ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Bremen.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Bremen covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Sacred Heart Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- St. Boniface RC Cemetery
- St. Maurus Roman and Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- St. Bruno RC Cemetery
- St. Agnes Ukrainian and RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Agnes Ukrainian and RC Cemetery
- The St. Agnes Ukrainian and RC Cemetery is located outside and to the northeast of Peterson.Stated another way, St. Agnes Ukrainian and RC Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the south of Bremen.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Agnes Ukrainian and RC Cemetery
- Borschiw Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Old St. Benedict RC Cemetery
- Vonda Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- Vonda Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Vonda Cemetery
- Vonda Cemetery lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the west of Bremen.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vonda Cemetery
- All Hallows Anglican Cemetery
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Cemetery (Old)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Cemetery (Old)
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Cemetery (Old). Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Cemetery (Old) lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Bremen.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Cemetery (Old)
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Cemetery (New)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Cemetery (New)
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Cemetery (New). Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Cemetery (New) lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Bremen.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Cemetery (New)
- Grace Lutheran Cemetery
- In God We Rest RC Canadian Martyrs Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the In God We Rest RC Canadian Martyrs Cemetery
- In God We Rest RC Canadian Martyrs Cemetery lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the northeast of Bremen.
- In God We Rest RC Canadian Martyrs Cemetery has also been known as:
- Holy Canadian Martyrs RC Cemetery
- Middle Lake - Holy Canadian Martyrs Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on In God We Rest RC Canadian Martyrs Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2512380<1>
- Wakaw United Church Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Bremen. See our List of 1890's Communities around Bremen.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Saskatchewan Community
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bremen. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Bremen) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bremen. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BremenOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bremen. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 52.3766, Longitude: -105.7042 |
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|