Welcome to Birmingham ...
When the people of Birmingham refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Birminghamian<1>
Birmingham is 190 feet [58 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: Birmingham lies in the Central Standard Time Zone (CST) and does not observe daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
Area codes for Birmingham: (306) & (639)<3>
Communities Also Named Birmingham ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 24 communities that are also named Birmingham - they are located in Alabama, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana (2), Iowa, Kansas (4), Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, Ohio (4), Pennsylvania (3) and Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Birmingham.
Communities near Birmingham ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Birmingham.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Neudorf
- Neudorf lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the south of Birmingham
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Neudorf
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Killaly
- Killaly lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the south of Birmingham
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Killaly came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Killaly
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Otthon
- Otthon lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Birmingham
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Otthon
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Goodeve
- Goodeve lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Birmingham
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goodeve
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fenwood
- Fenwood lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the west of Birmingham
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fenwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fenwood
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Westview
- Westview lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Birmingham
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Westview
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Willowbrook
- Willowbrook lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the north of Birmingham
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Willowbrook came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Willowbrook
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Duff
- Duff lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the southwest of Birmingham
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Duff came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Duff
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cana
- Cana lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southeast of Birmingham
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Cana. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cana
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Birmingham ...
Looking for more information about Birmingham? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Birmingham, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Birmingham.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Birmingham. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Birmingham refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a community's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Birmingham may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Birmingham - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Area code (639) is an overlay for area code (306).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Birmingham) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Birmingham. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BirminghamOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Birmingham. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.9717, Longitude: -102.9397 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|