Our Genealogy Helper for Bellegarde ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Bellegarde (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Bellegarde. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Newspapers Published in Bellegarde ...
An ongoing effort between the Library of Congress and the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) has resulted in the National Digital Newspaper Program (NDNP).
To share their results, the partnership has created the Chronicling America website. The goal of this partnership is to assemble a database about the current and historic newspapers of the United States. This includes a growing collection of scanned images from selected papers. All of it available to the public on their website.
Using information that we've taken from the Chronicling America website, we've identified 2 newspapers that have been published in the area around Bellegarde.
Although we're unaware of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Bellegarde, there are papers which were published within 36 miles [57.9 km]<1>. A list of those papers, sorted by paper name, can be found on the Extended Newspaper List for Bellegarde.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Bellegarde:
- Websites specific to Saskatchewan
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Saskatchewan
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Manitoba
- Stories from North Dakota
- Stories from Saskatchewan
Cemeteries Near Bellegarde ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Bellegarde.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Bellegarde covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- St. Maurice Cemetery
- St. Anthony RC Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Anthony RC Cemetery
- The St. Anthony RC Cemetery is located outside and to the west of Tilston (MB).To be more precise, St. Anthony RC Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Bellegarde.
- St. Anthony RC Cemetery has also been known as:
- Tilston St. Anthony RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Anthony RC Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2551626<2>
- Tilston Cemetery
- Sinclair Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Sinclair Cemetery
- Sinclair Cemetery lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the northeast of Bellegarde.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sinclair Cemetery
- Broomhill Cemetery
- Reston Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Reston Cemetery
- Reston Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the east of Bellegarde.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Reston Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Mair Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mair Cemetery
- Mair Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the northwest of Bellegarde.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mair Cemetery
- Ebor Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Ebor Cemetery
- Ebor Cemetery lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the northeast of Bellegarde.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ebor Cemetery
- Carnduff Cemetery
- Carievale Cemetery
- Pierson Memorial Cemetery
- Bede Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Bede Cemetery
- Bede Cemetery lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the east of Bellegarde.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bede Cemetery
- Pipestone Cemetery
- Woodnorth Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Woodnorth Cemetery
- Woodnorth Cemetery lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the northeast of Bellegarde.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woodnorth Cemetery
- Glen Ewen Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Glen Ewen Cemetery
- Glen Ewen Cemetery lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<1> to the southwest of Bellegarde.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glen Ewen Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Bellegarde. See our List of 1890's Communities around Bellegarde.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Bellegarde. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Bellegarde) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Bellegarde. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BellegardeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Bellegarde. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.4701, Longitude: -101.5400 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|