Our Genealogy Helper for Attica ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Attica (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Attica. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Attica:
- Websites specific to Saskatchewan
- Cemetery Information and Directories for Saskatchewan
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from Saskatchewan
Cemeteries Near Attica ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Attica.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Attica covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Sacred Heart Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery
- St. Mary's Cemetery
- Lanigan Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lanigan Cemetery
- The Lanigan Cemetery is located outside and to the north of Lanigan.To be more accurate, Lanigan Cemetery lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<1> to the southeast of Attica.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lanigan Cemetery
- Guernsey Cemetery
- St. Mary's Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery (New)
- Lanigan Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lanigan Lutheran Cemetery
- The Lanigan Lutheran Cemetery is located outside and to the south of Lanigan.To be more precise, Lanigan Lutheran Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the south of Attica.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lanigan Lutheran Cemetery
- Continue List ...
- Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
- The Trinity Lutheran Cemetery is located outside and to the south of Lanigan.Stated another way, Trinity Lutheran Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the south of Attica.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trinity Lutheran Cemetery
- St. Ignatius / Sinnett Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Ignatius / Sinnett Cemetery
- The St. Ignatius / Sinnett Cemetery is located between<2> the communities of Lanigan and Leroy. The cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the northeast of Lanigan.St. Ignatius / Sinnett Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km] to the east of Attica.
- St. Ignatius / Sinnett Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Ignatius Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Ignatius / Sinnett Cemetery
- St. Scholastica RC Cemetery (New)
- St. Scholastica RC Cemetery (Old)
- Neimann Lutheran Cemetery
- Wolverine Public Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Wolverine Public Cemetery
- Wolverine Public Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the northwest of Attica.
- Wolverine Public Cemetery has also been known as:
- Morven Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wolverine Public Cemetery
- St. Mary's Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery (Old)
- Sharon Mennonite Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Sharon Mennonite Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Sharon Mennonite Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Sharon Mennonite Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the southwest of Attica.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sharon Mennonite Cemetery
- St. Gertrude RC Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Attica. See our List of 1890's Communities around Attica.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Saskatchewan
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Attica. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Saskatchewan: www.saskatchewan.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Attica) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Attica. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.9500, Longitude: -105.1000 |
|<2>||To help visualize the location of the cemetery, we've drawn a straight line between the communities of Lanigan and Leroy. The cemetery can be found near that line and roughly halfway between the two communities. Remember that this is just an approximate location.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|