Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Orient.
Our newspaper information for Orient is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
The following list contains the names of 1 papers that were published in the immediate area of Orient. In addition, the list contains another 50 papers that were published in the broader area that surrounded Orient. In total, we've identified 51 papers within 39 miles [62.8 km]<1> of Orient.
Newspapers Published In Orient ...
We know of only one newspaper that was published in the Orient area:
- The Orient Argus (from ????)
Newspapers Neighboring Orient ...
The following newspapers were published within 39 miles [62.8 km]<1> of Orient.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Orient.
- Published In Faulkton [Faulk County] ...
- Faulk County Independent (from 19??)
- Faulk County Record (from 188?)
- Faulk County Times (from 1885)
- Faulkton Record (from 1906)
- The Faulk County Record (from 1976)
- The Faulkton Advocate (from 189?)
- The Republican-Record (from 1894)
- Published In Wecota [Faulk County] ...
- Wecota Independent (from 19??)
- Published In Cresbard [Faulk County] ...
- The Cresbard Beacon (from 19??)
- Published In Seneca [Faulk County] ...
- Seneca Journal (from 1902)
- Continue List (17 more) ...
- Published In Miller [Hand County] ...
- The Miller Gazette
- The Miller Press (from 190?)
- The Miller Sun (from 190?)
- The Pioneer Press (from 1893)
- Published In Redfield [Spink County] ...
- Redfield Evening Journal-Observer (from 1935)
- Redfield Journal Observer (from 189?)
- Redfield Journal-Observer (from 1942)
- The Observer (from 1888)
- The Redfield Journal (from 188?)
- The Redfield Observer (from 189?)
- The Redfield Press And Frankfort Advocate (from 18??)
- The Redfield Press (from 1896)
- The Sioux (from 18??)
- The Spink County Independent (from 1890)
- Published In Ree Heights [Hand County] ...
- Published In Saint Lawrence [Hand County] ...
- Hand County News (from 1907)
- Published In Loyalton [Edmunds County] ...
- Loyalton Record (from 1920)
- The Loyalton Journal (from 188?)
- Published In Ashton [Spink County] ...
- The Ashton Chronicle (from 1902)
- Published In Northville [Spink County] ...
- Northville Journal (from 18??)
- Published In Highmore [Hyde County] ...
- Hyde County News (from 19??)
- Hyde County Republican (from 1892)
- The Highmore Nonpareil (from 193?)
- Published In Mellette [Spink County] ...
- Mellette Tribune (from 1882)
- Published In Tolstoy [Potter County] ...
- The Tolstoy Leader (from 19??)
- Published In Lebanon [Potter County] ...
- Blue Blanket Leader (from 19??)
- Lebanon Independent (from 1896)
- Published In Holabird [Hyde County] ...
- Hyde County News (from 19??)
- Published In Wessington [Beadle County] ...
- The Times-Enterprise (from 19??)
- Wessington Times (from 1882)
- Published In Ipswich [Edmunds County] ...
- Edmunds County Democrat (from 18??)
- South Dakota Tribune (from 18??)
- The Ipswich Independent (from 1926)
- The Ipswich Tribune (from 1911)
- The Roscoe Hosmer Independent (from 1977)
- Published In Frankfort [Spink County] ...
- The News Messenger Of Spink County (from 1903)
- Published In Hitchcock [Beadle County] ...
- Hitchcock News-Leader (from 19??)
- Hitchcock News
- The first year of publication is unknown, with the last issue in 1905
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 40175955
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for the Hitchcock News
- Holdings for: LCCN SN98062941
- Hitchcock Weekly News (from 1905)
- Published In Roscoe [Edmunds County] ...
- Roscoe Herald (from 18??)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of South Dakota
About Faulk County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Orient. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Orient) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Orient. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Orient
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Orient. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.9028, Longitude: -99.0887 In this case, the coordinates for Orient have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).