When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Mobridge.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Mobridge. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Mobridge.
Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Pierre Rgnl. (PIR/KPIR)
- Bismarck Muni. (BIS/KBIS)
- Aberdeen Rgnl. (ABR/KABR)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Mobridge Muni. (ICAO: KMBG)
- Mc Laughlin Muni. (FAA ID: 5P2)
- Mc Laughlin Municipal Airport lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Mobridge.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mc Laughlin Municipal Airport
- Herreid Muni. (FAA ID: 5T4)
- Herreid Municipal Airport lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Mobridge.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Herreid Municipal Airport
- Timber Lake Muni. (FAA ID: D58)
- Timber Lake Municipal Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Mobridge.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Timber Lake Municipal Airport
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Hoven Muni. (FAA ID: 9F8)
- Hoven Municipal Airport lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Mobridge.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hoven Municipal Airport
- Standing Rock Airport (FAA ID: Y27)
- Standing Rock Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Mobridge.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Standing Rock Airport
- Bowdle Muni. (FAA ID: 5P3)
- Bowdle Municipal Airport lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> miles to the east of Mobridge.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bowdle Municipal Airport
- Eureka Muni. (FAA ID: 3W8)
- Eureka Municipal Airport lies 42 miles [67.6 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Mobridge.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eureka Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of South Dakota
About Walworth County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Mobridge. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Mobridge), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Mobridge) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Mobridge. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Mobridge
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mobridge. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.5406, Longitude: -100.4362 In this case, the coordinates for Mobridge have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).