When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Mina.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Mina. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Mina.
Large Airports ...
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Aberdeen Rgnl. (ABR/KABR)
- Huron Rgnl. (HON/KHON)
- Watertown Rgnl. (ATY/KATY)
- Jamestown Rgnl. (JMS/KJMS)
- Pierre Rgnl. (PIR/KPIR)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Groton Muni. (FAA ID: 2E6)
- Groton Municipal Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Mina.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Groton Municipal Airport
- Faulkton Muni. (FAA ID: 3FU)
- Faulkton Municipal Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Mina.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Faulkton Municipal Airport
- Redfield Muni. (FAA ID: 1D8)
- Redfield Municipal Airport lies 41 miles [66 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Mina.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Redfield Municipal Airport
- Ellendale Muni. (FAA ID: 4E7)
- Ellendale Municipal Airport lies 41 miles [66 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Mina.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ellendale Municipal Airport
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Bowdle Muni. (FAA ID: 5P3)
- Bowdle Municipal Airport lies 44 miles [70.8 km]<2> miles to the west of Mina.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bowdle Municipal Airport
- Ashley Muni. (ASY/KASY)
- Eureka Muni. (FAA ID: 3W8)
- Eureka Municipal Airport lies 49 miles [78.9 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Mina.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eureka Municipal Airport
- Hoven Muni. (FAA ID: 9F8)
- Hoven Municipal Airport lies 52 miles [83.7 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Mina.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hoven Municipal Airport
- Britton Muni. (FAA ID: BTN)
- Britton Municipal Airport lies 55 miles [88.5 km]<2> miles to the east northeast of Mina.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Britton Municipal Airport
- Pruetz Muni.
- Pruetz Municipal Airport lies 59 miles [95 km]<2> miles to the north of Mina.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pruetz Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of South Dakota
About Edmunds County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Mina. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Mina), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Mina) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Mina. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Mina
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mina. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.4382, Longitude: -98.7541