When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Milesville.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Milesville. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Milesville.
Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Pierre Rgnl. (PIR/KPIR)
- Rapid City Rgnl. (RAP/KRAP)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Philip Airport (ICAO: KPHP)
- Dupree Muni. (FAA ID: 7F2)
- Dupree Municipal Airport lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> miles to the north of Milesville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dupree Municipal Airport
- Cheyenne Eagle Butte Airport (FAA ID: 84D)
- Cheyenne Eagle Butte Airport lies 41 miles [66 km]<2> miles to the north northeast of Milesville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cheyenne Eagle Butte Airport
- Wall Muni. (FAA ID: 6V4)
- Wall Municipal Airport lies 42 miles [67.6 km]<2> miles to the southwest of Milesville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wall Municipal Airport
- Faith Muni. (ICAO: KD07)
- Kadoka Muni. (FAA ID: 5V8)
- Kadoka Municipal Airport lies 44 miles [70.8 km]<2> miles to the south of Milesville.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kadoka Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for South Dakota
About Haakon County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Milesville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Milesville), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Milesville) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Milesville. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Milesville
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Milesville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 44.4591, Longitude: -101.6788