When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Mellette.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Mellette. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Mellette.
Large Airports ...
- Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl. (MSP/KMSP)
- Eppley Airfield (OMA/KOMA)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Aberdeen Rgnl. (ABR/KABR)
- Huron Rgnl. (HON/KHON)
- Watertown Rgnl. (ATY/KATY)
- Pierre Rgnl. (PIR/KPIR)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Redfield Muni. (FAA ID: 1D8)
- Redfield Municipal Airport lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> miles to the south of Mellette.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Redfield Municipal Airport
- Faulkton Muni. (FAA ID: 3FU)
- Faulkton Municipal Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Mellette.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Faulkton Municipal Airport
- Groton Muni. (FAA ID: 2E6)
- Groton Municipal Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Mellette.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Groton Municipal Airport
- Clark Co. Airport (FAA ID: 8D7)
- Clark County Airport lies 42 miles [67.6 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Mellette.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clark County Airport
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Miller Muni. (FAA ID: MKA)
- Miller Municipal Airport lies 48 miles [77.2 km]<2> miles to the south southwest of Mellette.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Miller Municipal Airport
- The Sigurd Anderson Airport (FAA ID: 1D7)
- The Sigurd Anderson Airport lies 48 miles [77.2 km]<2> miles to the east of Mellette.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on The Sigurd Anderson Airport
- Webster Muni.
- Webster Municipal Airport lies 48 miles [77.2 km]<2> miles to the east of Mellette.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Webster Municipal Airport
- Britton Muni. (FAA ID: BTN)
- Britton Municipal Airport lies 58 miles [93.3 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Mellette.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Britton Municipal Airport
- Ellendale Muni. (FAA ID: 4E7)
- Ellendale Municipal Airport lies 59 miles [95 km]<2> miles to the north of Mellette.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ellendale Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of South Dakota
About Spink County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Mellette. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Mellette), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Mellette) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Mellette. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Mellette
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mellette. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.1539, Longitude: -98.4984 In this case, the coordinates for Mellette have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).