Census Data for Meckling ...
The last Decennial Census<1> was in 2010, which gave Meckling a population of 234 people.
The community of Meckling is located in Clay County. The 2010 Census gave Clay County; a population of 13,864 people. This means that Meckling had 1.69% of the county's total population.
At the same time, South Dakota had a population of 814,180 people, meaning that Meckling had 0.03% of the total population of South Dakota.
Clay County ...
Meckling is located in Clay County<2>.
The county had a population of 13,864 people at the 2010 Census. With it's population of 234 people, Meckling represented 1.69% of the county's total.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Clay County.
Miscellaneous Information for Meckling ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Clay County or the community of Meckling:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Meckling:
- GNIS ID for Meckling: 1256414
- GNIS ID for Clay County: 1265764
- GNIS ID for State of South Dakota: 1785534
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Meckling is located in Census Region #2 (the Midwest Region) and Division #4 (the West North-Central Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Meckling, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Meckling. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Meckling:57069<3>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Meckling.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within South Dakota
About Clay County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Meckling. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Clay County: www.claycountysd.org/
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Every 10 years (eg- 1990, 2000, 2010), the US Census Bureau conducts a Constitutionally-mandated count (or enumeration) of people living within the United States. This count is called a Decennial Census. The last Decennial Census was the 2010 Census, with the next one planned for 2020.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of South Dakota's counties, including Clay, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Meckling or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|