When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Mayfield.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Mayfield. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Mayfield.
Large Airports ...
- Eppley Airfield (OMA/KOMA)
- Des Moines Intl. (DSM/KDSM)
- Minneapolis - St. Paul Intl. (MSP/KMSP)
- Rochester Intl. (RST/KRST)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Joe Foss Fld. (FSD/KFSD)
- Sioux Gateway Airport (SUX/KSUX)
- Huron Rgnl. (HON/KHON)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Chan Gurney Muni. (YKN/KYKN)
- Menno Muni. (FAA ID: SD29)
- Menno Municipal Airport lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Mayfield.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Menno Municipal Airport
- Harold Davidson Fld. (ICAO: KVMR)
- Springfield Muni. (FAA ID: Y03)
- Springfield Municipal Airport lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> miles to the west southwest of Mayfield.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springfield Municipal Airport
- Hartington Muni. (FAA ID: 0B4)
- Hartington Municipal Airport lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> miles to the south of Mayfield.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hartington Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in South Dakota
About Yankton County
About South Dakota
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Mayfield. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Yankton County: www.co.yankton.sd.us/
The official website for State of South Dakota: sd.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Mayfield), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Mayfield) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Mayfield. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Mayfield
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mayfield. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 43.0825, Longitude: -97.3182